Monday 9 March 2009

Kevin Anderson on Copenhagen

I know Kevin Anderson. I like Kevin Anderson. I hope Kevin Anderson is wrong. But I don't think Kevin Anderson is. [I wrote this a year ago, and haven't changed my mind.]

Sigh.

"Two leading climate scientists have broken ranks with their peers to declare that hopes of getting a meaningful deal on halting global warming this year are already lost.

"Professor Kevin Anderson, director of the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, and Professor Trevor Davies, one of the centre's founders, told The Times that it was time to start looking for alternatives to an international deal.

"They made their comments on the eve of a three-day conference in Copenhagen this week in which thousands of climate change researchers will meet to discuss the latest discoveries in the field. The findings will be used in December when world leaders attend a UN summit, also in Copenhagen, to try to work out an international treaty on greenhouse gas emissions."

-continues-

No comments: